January 1st, 2018
DigitalNote XDN Hard Fork Coming on June 25th
The team behind the development of DigitalNote (XDN) have announced the date
for the hard fork to change the proof-of-work algorithm currently used to secure the network to the ASIC resistant CryptoNight V1 (commonly referred to as Monero V7 after the XMR hard fork in April). The hard fork scheduled to occur on June 25th at approximately 12am UTC (at block height 668946) brings a number of benefits to DigitalNote as noted in the Bitcointalk announcement:
- Proof-of-work change to CryptoNightV1 (variant 1 also known as "monero7") to remain ASIC resistant
- Difficulty adjustment algorithm has been updated to Zawy's LWMA to resist hash and timestamp attacks
- Seed nodes updated to be operational (no more unresponsive seeds from old dev)
- Block target reduced to 2 minutes
- Difficulty is hardcoded to “reset” back to GPU levels for blocks immediately following the fork so that the network continues to work as intended and does not stall
- Latest checkpoints and small Payment Gate bug fix
The update will come as a relief for the supporters of DigitalNote who were warned against transacting with the coin during the recent troubles that have beset the network. We here at FreeXDN.com heeded the warning and have withheld all payments from the faucet until the network issues have been resolved. We heartily support the upcoming changes being delivered by the development team and we will be distributing all payments as soon as possible after the fork is complete.
What You Need To Do
There's no change in what you need to do before the fork but afterward you will need to update your DigitalNote wallet to the latest version to ensure you can send and receive DigitalNote after the changes. If you're currently mining DigitalNote you will also need to update your miner so it's using the CryptoNight V1 algorithm (any software that supports CryptoNight V1, Monero 7, or CryptoNight 7 will work correctly). We at FreeXDN have personally used XMR-STACK - https://github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak/releases
- simply configure the pool.txt file "currency" to “cryptonight_v7” after the fork.
New Mining Pools Available
A host of new mining pools have sprung up since new life was breathed into the development of DigitalNote after the original development team abandoned the project with no apparent warning or known motives. Until now MinerGate held the monopoly on DigitalNote mining, but these new pools are changing that.
If you have any questions about DigitalNote or the upcoming fork, or just want to get involved drop by the official Discord channel
and introduce yourself.